Covid 19 Update (April 2/20)- "urgent patients" only.
We are available by phone from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm daily.
What is telehealth?
At Cochrane Physiotherapy Clinic we know that every patient has come to us because either pain, movement dysfunction, or acute injury is impairing their daily life or activities. We have implemented a Telehealth platform through our booking software Jane (basically a secure form of Facetime/ Skype/ Zoom) where clients can book an appointment, seek advice and begin a rehabilitation program. With the current "Covid 19 measures" in place this would be the safest and most preferred method of seeing you.
Many insurance plans and WCB cover this expense!
What is "urgent?"
When determining if a patient is urgent, we as therapists, ask our selves 2 questions:
- Will the inability to initiate in-person care or the withdrawal of care lead to serious or imminent harm?
- Is the client at risk for an emergency room visit, imminent hospital admission or re-admission?
If you believe you are considered an urgent patient please call us at 403-932-4909 or email email@example.com to determine the best treatment plan. We are checking our messages and emails regularly. If you believe you are best assisted by the virtual online Telehealth platform please contact us.
Cochrane Physiotherapy Clinic
Who we are
We are an independent, locally owned out -patient physical therapy practice. Specializing in overall patient health and satisfaction is our top priority. Your quality of life is important to us.
Your need to return to work, sports, recreational activities and/or daily activities unrestricted and without pain is important to us. We will provide you with the highest level of rehabilitation care possible with our primary goal being to return you to your lifestyle as quickly and safely as possible. At Cochrane Physiotherapy Clinic, we strive to achieve this in a way that fits into your busy schedule.
To make an Appointment
We will always do our best to see you as soon as possible. - Please make your appointments well in advance to ensure you get appointment times that work best for you.To make an appointment call 403-932-4909
Why Choose Cochrane Physiotherapy Clinic?
- We are a small, friendly, community based clinic in operation for over 25 years
- Our therapists are highly experienced and extensively trained at a post graduate level.
- The clinic is well located, modern and provides a dynamic encouraging atmosphere
- We offer physiotherapy services to both WCB and Alberta Health Services clients.
- Our therapists are innovative and are active promoters for betterment of the profession.
Who do you see?
We enjoy working with anyone from children to retired folks. If your requirement is for a child or rare condition, please ensure to let the reception staff know, in order to book you in with the appropriate
Physiotherapist. We also work together with elite and recreational athletes and sportsmen/women as well as the injured worker or those with more chronic issues.
- Acute sport injury and prevention programs
- Neck/Back and spinal rehabilitation including manipulation (spinal adjustments) and mobilizations
- Core stabilization programs
- Gunn Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS)
- Thermal/Electrotherapy such as ultrasound, interferential current, laser, electrical muscle stimulation
- Hand Therapy
- Repetitive stress injury treatment
- Trigger point Release Techniques
- Injury specific exercise programs
- Temporal mandibular Joints (TMJ) or 'joints of the jaw
- Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Post MVA rehabilitation
- Work related injuries - WCB funded
- Post-operative therapy (eg. Arthroscopic surgery, knee replacement) - AHS funded
- Post fracture rehabilitation - AHS funded
- Total hip and knee post operative programs - AHS funded
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Concussion Rehabilitation
- Custom orthotics
- Custom brace fitting